The Patent Ferrule Co Ltd is a family business which is now managed by the fifth generation. The company was originally established in 1872 by Josiah Henry Shoebotham (pictured) and operated in premises on Sheepcote Street, Birmingham. In 1928 the company relocated to Albert Street, Redditch before moving into the current premises on Palmers Road, Redditch in 1976.
In the early years the company was one of the major manufacturers supplying boiler tube ferrules for steam engines and ships. Over the years the company has diversified and adapted it’s services and products to meet the changing commercial opportunities that have arisen.
Today, the company has evolved into two distinct business areas, manufacturing of butt-welding pipe fittings (one of the only UK manufacturers) and also a cutting and manipulation service.